Registration for our Travel Basketball program is OPEN and closes September 20. Click on the blue registration link below.
Sept 23 and Sept 30 at Wayzata High School (times by grade):
4th grade : 8 AM - 9:45 AM
5th grade: 10 AM -11:45 AM
6th grade: 12:30 PM - 2:15 PM
7th grade: 2:30 PM - 4:15 PM
8th grade: 4:30 PM - 6:15 PM
Registration for Open Gym Pass is NOW OPEN. Passes are limited to the first 40 that register.
The WBBA has reserved gym space in August for boys entering the 4th – 8th grade in the Wayzata basketball community to play pick-‐up games in an open gym format. By completing this online registration form and paying the $20 fee, your son will be on the list of registered players and will be allowed to participate in the specific open gym sessions scheduled for his school grade. There will be at least one Supervisor at the gym for each one-‐hour session, checking in players and monitoring the games.
Each open gym session will be separated by grade (maybe two grades combined depending on registration numbers), and session days and times will be communicated via email and posted on the Player Development section of the WBBA website. Each grade will be scheduled at least 3‐4 one-‐hour sessions.
Grades: 4th – 8th entering school year 2018-19 Registration open to House, Southwest and Travel players.
Location: West Lutheran High School
Days & Times: August 13 – 17 (10:00 AM – Noon) & August 20 – 24 (7:00 PM – 9:00 PM)
Schedule by Grade Listed Below
Limit of 40 open gym passes per grade. Available to the first 40 players/grade to register online. Questions can be directed to: email@example.com
House registration is OPEN through September 30. Late registration will carry a $25 penalty and the final date to register late is October 5. It is critical to stick to deadlines as it affects number of teams, coaches and practices. Click on the blue registration link below.
Registration is OPEN for those interested in our SW program. It closes October 20 for 6-8th grade. It closes November 26 for 9-12th grade. NO EXCEPTIONS--when it is closed that is the final opportunity to register. Click on the blue registration link below.
REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN
Who: All interested boys basketball players grades 4-9 (2018-19 School year)
Where: Wayzata High School Gyms
What: 3 on 3 Tournament (All Money made goes to the WBBA Program for Player Scholarships)
When: Sunday, October 7th (Tournament will start at 10:00am)
-A tournament schedule will be sent out the first week of October
Cost: $60 per team (Max. of 4 guys on a team)
-Registration Deadline: Saturday, September 29th
Age Divisions: 4-9th Grade (Grades based on 2018-2019 school year)
-4-5th / -6-7th / -8-9th
-We reserve the right to modify divisions to balance out teams
-Players are responsible for creating and registering their own team
Head Coach, Bryan Schnettler, firstname.lastname@example.org
1. A schedule will be sent out for each age division the week before the tournament.
2. Games will be 12 minutes running time. If the game is tied at the end of 12 minutes there will be a 2 minute over time.
3. Games will be scored by 1’s and 2’s, with 2’s being behind the 3 point line. Score will be kept by the official on your court.
4. All fouls will be called by the official on your court. Shooting fouls will result in either 1 or 2 points, depending upon where the foul took place. Non-shooting fouls will result in a checked ball at the top of the key, plus 1 point for the foul.
5. No stalling on offensive possessions (Must make effort to try to score). 30 Second shot clock (to be judged by officials)
6. Make it, take it on all scored baskets (Ball is checked at the top of the key behind 3point line).
7. All changes of possession must be cleared behind 3 point line.
8. Disputes that cannot be determined by officials will be determined by the tournament director.
9. Captains determine first possession of the game through rock, paper, scissors.
10. Good luck and have fun!
To provide every boy, from grades 2-12 in the Wayzata School District, an opportunity to play basketball at a level that matches their skills and desire. The WBBA values: