Registration for our Travel Basketball program IS CLOSED.
Sept 23 and Sept 30 at Wayzata High School (times by grade):
4th grade : 8 AM - 10 AM
5th grade: 10 AM - Noon
6th grade: 12:30 PM - 2:30 PM
7th grade: 2:30 PM - 4:30 PM
8th grade: 4:30 PM - 6:30 PM
*Please plan on attending a brief parents' meeting on the 23rd at the beginning of your son's tryout time slot
* Please be sure to arrive at least 20 minutes prior to start time to register and to warm up. Tryouts will begin promptly at the times listed above. Uniforms that are not sized before tryouts begin will be completed after tryouts.
Who: All interested boys in Kindergarten and 1st grade (2018-19 School year)
Where: Gleason Lake Elementary School
What: The K-1 basketball clinics are run by the Wayzata High School Boys Basketball coaching staff and players. We will be introducing the boys to the game of basketball and teaching them the fundamentals (Shooting, Passing, Ball Handling, and Footwork). Clinics will also include fun contests and each participant will receive a summary of the fundamentals that we work on.
Clinics are limited to 50 participants. Make sure you register today!
Registration Deadline: September 21 (Limited enrollment of 50 players)
Kindergarten Clinic Schedule All clinics are from 8:30-10:00am
|2nd Grade House||$125|
|3rd-5th Grade House||$175|
|4th Grade Travel||$450|
|5th - 8th Grade Travel||$475|
|6th - 12th Grade Southwest||$235|
If you would like information on our scholarships, please click on this link for details:
Deadline to submit a request varies by program. Here are the deadlines:
September 17, 2018
October 1, 2018
October 1, 2018
November 13, 2018
House registration is OPEN through September 30. Late registration will carry a $25 penalty and the final date to register late is October 5. It is critical to stick to deadlines as it affects number of teams, coaches and practices.
House Evaluations are Sunday, October 7 from 8-10:00 am at Wayzata High School. Enter via the Athletic Entrance which is at the back of the school towards the tennis courts. Players should make every effort to attend. This includes those that don't make Travel. This will help enable parity when forming teams.
Click on the blue registration link below.
Registration is OPEN for those interested in our SW program. It closes October 20 for 6-8th grade. It closes November 26 for 9-12th grade. NO EXCEPTIONS--when it is closed that is the final opportunity to register. Click on the blue registration link below.
REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN
Who: All interested boys basketball players grades 4-9 (2018-19 School year)
Where: Wayzata High School Gyms
What: 3 on 3 Tournament (All Money made goes to the WBBA Program for Player Scholarships)
When: Sunday, October 7th (Tournament will start at 10:00am)
-A tournament schedule will be sent out the first week of October
Cost: $60 per team (Max. of 4 guys on a team)
-Registration Deadline: Saturday, September 29th
Age Divisions: 4-9th Grade (Grades based on 2018-2019 school year)
-4-5th / -6-7th / -8-9th
-We reserve the right to modify divisions to balance out teams
-Players are responsible for creating and registering their own team
Head Coach, Bryan Schnettler, email@example.com
1. A schedule will be sent out for each age division the week before the tournament.
2. Games will be 12 minutes running time. If the game is tied at the end of 12 minutes there will be a 2 minute over time.
3. Games will be scored by 1’s and 2’s, with 2’s being behind the 3 point line. Score will be kept by the official on your court.
4. All fouls will be called by the official on your court. Shooting fouls will result in either 1 or 2 points, depending upon where the foul took place. Non-shooting fouls will result in a checked ball at the top of the key, plus 1 point for the foul.
5. No stalling on offensive possessions (Must make effort to try to score). 30 Second shot clock (to be judged by officials)
6. Make it, take it on all scored baskets (Ball is checked at the top of the key behind 3point line).
7. All changes of possession must be cleared behind 3 point line.
8. Disputes that cannot be determined by officials will be determined by the tournament director.
9. Captains determine first possession of the game through rock, paper, scissors.
10. Good luck and have fun!
To provide every boy, from grades 2-12 in the Wayzata School District, an opportunity to play basketball at a level that matches their skills and desire. The WBBA values: